Sunday, February 10, 2008

9 weeks from Gaylord show

Today, I am 9 weeks from the figure competition in Gaylord MI. I haven't done a competition in 2 years so it seems like a whole new experience. I am 37 years old now and everything is different from when i just did it 2 years ago. The challenge is getting my workouts in every day with 2 kids in sports and what seems like many different jobs. I am a personal trainer at a local club and then I train in my basement and then i have several websites to keep up.

So right now here is what i do for my workouts. 5 days a week I do strength training: Arms/Shoulders, Back/chest, and legs. I alternate these throughout the week doing abs 2 to 3 times a week. I love to try and do legs 2 times a week, because i feel this is my weakest part.
I do cardio 5 to 6 times a week, mostly 5. 2 to 3 times a week I do an hour. At our gym we have cardio tennis for an hour and that is a great workout. and then the other days I do 30 to 40 minutes of cardio. I try and run as I can because I feel running is the best way to keep my legs in shape. I like to do intervals of running and walking on the treadmill

As far as food, this is a struggle, but i seem to have a handle on things most of the time. This is what I usually eat
8am Smoothie milk, berries, banana, flaxseed, and protein powder

10:30-11am oatmeal, protein powder water cinamin and berrries

1:30 eggs 1 whole, 2 whites, garlic, peppers, ham and sweet potatoes

5pm chicken salad and sweet potatoes


7:30pm Chicken and veggies stir fry with balsmac ving

Basically this is what I have everyday. I sounds boring, but so far it has really worked for me

The day before Christmas, I was 142 and my body fat was 18%

As of 2-9-08 Saturday, I was 134 and 14.9% My goal is 125 and 10% body fat

No comments: