Sunday, March 2, 2008

6 weeks from competition

I am now six weeks from the competition in April. It seems like yesterday I just started training for it. My goal for the end of February was 130 and 13.5% body fat. Well I made the body fat on February 15th, but ended up 133. Only lost 2 pounds that month, but my body fat went down almost 2%. The last time I trained for a competition, I was a lot further behind on weight and body fat, so I am very excited about my results this time.

My plan for the next 5 weeks is to perfect on my eating and get more cardio in and get all my exercising in . My plan is to eat around 1400 calories with 20% fat, and the rest split between carbohydrates and protein. I have a smoothie in the morning, then oatmeal and berries, then eggs and sweet potatoes, chicken salad and sweet potatoes, and lastly chicken stir fry with lots of veggies. Drinking a lot of water everyday.

This weekend, was a challenge, we were away for four days. I had to bring my food for the entire weekend and cook meals in my hotel room. It was hard, but I made it. I made sure that I didn't go near any of the bad food that was around us and I got to the gym 2 of the days and went skiing one of the other days. It was a mission accomplished and very excited that I made it through.

No comments: